Contact Us

While Council staff attempt to be responsive to telephone calls and inquires, due to a heavy call volume and limited time and resources, the best method for contacting staff is via email.  This allows staff to provide you with a considered written response and minimizes misunderstanding which sometimes can occur in telephone conversations.  Thus, licensees and members of the public are encouraged to contact staff via email for matters which are routine or not time sensitive, but are welcome to contact staff via telephone for matters requiring immediate attention.

In the event you are unable to speak with a particular staff member via telephone about a time sensitive matter, you are encouraged to leave a voicemail or email your question or concern instead. When emailing, please be sure to indicate in the subject line of the email whether your communication is urgent in nature.

When emailing or leaving a voicemail for staff, please provide your name, phone number, and email address so that staff can respond.  Failure to include this information may hinder the agency’s ability to respond in a timely manner.  Additionally, please do not leave a message with or send emails to multiple staff, since staff may not know when another staff member has responded to your issue.

Our goal is to respond to urgent or time sensitive matters as quickly as possible, and to respond to routine or non-urgent calls and emails within 3 business days. Response times may vary however due to the volume of calls and emails received, the nature of the inquiry, the need for further research or review, employee absences, and other agency priorities.  Recognize that, in this age of instant communication, responses are usually provided in a timely, but not necessarily immediate, manner.

Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council
333 Guadalupe St., Ste. 3-900
Austin, Texas 78701
Tel. (512) 305-7700
1-800-821-3205 24-hour, toll-free complaint system

The Council is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., but closed on state holidays.

All requests for public information must be submitted in accordance with the instructions set forth on the Council’s Open Records webpage.

Persons wanting to verify a license or confirm whether a licensee has any disciplinary history may do so through the Council’s public search function. The public search function can be accessed through the Verify a License link located in the main menu on the right-hand side of the Council’s website.

Contact the Licensing Division

For questions regarding a license or licensee, renewals, a pending application, or how to become licensed as a marriage and family therapist, professional counselor, psychological associate, psychologist, specialist in school psychology, or social worker, please send an email to

NOTE: Questions or inquiries regarding a license, license renewal, or pending application sent to public email addresses other than will be deleted without a response. Furthermore, applicants and licensees should refrain from sending emails on a daily or repeated basis, as this only increases the workload on staff as well as the overall response time for applicants and licensees alike.

Electronic Delivery of Transcripts to Licensing Division

Transcripts must be received by the Council directly from the awarding institution, a transcript or credential delivery service, or a credentials bank that utilizes primary source verification. To help ensure the transcripts received are associated with an applicant’s file, transcripts may be delivered by email to Only emails containing transcripts are permitted at this address. Questions, requests for information, or other application materials sent to this email address will be deleted without a response.

Contact the Enforcement Division

For questions regarding investigations, a pending complaint, compliance with an agency order, or how to file a complaint against a marriage and family therapist, professional counselor, psychological associate, psychologist, specialist in school psychology, or social worker, please send an email to

Contact the Administrative Division

For questions regarding the Council’s administrative functions (e.g., website, budget, employees, human resources) and for questions or concerns directed to executive leadership or legal staff, please send an email to

In accordance with Section 2001.007 of the Government Code, all inquiries regarding the Council’s rules should be directed to

All legislative or media inquires should be directed to as well.


While staff attempt to provide clear and accurate guidance, please note that pursuant to 22 TAC 881.7, statements or emails from staff are not binding on the Council or its member boards.